Ismertető szöveg: The construction of this church was determined in 1880, soon after the Great Flood of 1879, when river Tisza almost completely demolished the city. Construction works began in 1913 though, and were interrupted by WWI; they were continued only in 1923. The church was completed and consecrated in 1930. Original designs were made by Frigyes Schulek, later they were modified by Ernő Foerk who decided on the Neo-Romanesque Lombardian brick layout. This is the 4th largest church in Hungary; the right tower houses a bell weighing 8500 kgs. The dome is 54 m, both of the towers are 91 m high.
Dömötör Tower in the left foreground, remnants of a church raised in earlier centuries, is a separate construction.